Friday, April 10, 2015

Is it just me or is the wine really bad?

I have been getting a lot of bad wine this year. It makes me think maybe I am just imagining it, but I don't think so. I think the place where I usually get my wine (the closest store) may not be storing their wine well. But then again, I knew I should not have gotten this wine! I think the last time I had it, it was bad. Today it is drinkable, but not enjoyably so. The finish is really what's bad. Even on the nose this is so. At first it is like a pleasant bottle of wine, and then there is a musty finish, though it is not really strong. Taste wise it better when I swish it, but it is still sour with a musty finish. Hopefully, it will open up and the bad will go away. I decided to let it breathe. We'll see how it does in a couple hours. I really knew I should have gotten that other bottle, but it was more, and I was able to get two of these with a twenty. A year or two ago this was  very nice wine. To be fair to the store, it may be a mistake or chance with the maker. After all:





 So it may be nobody but God's fault. But still....I knew I should not have gotten it! Why didn't I listen to my judgment. Don't you just hate when you do that? It makes you want to beat yourself in the head:


No comments:

Post a Comment