Sunday, April 5, 2015

2011 Gabbinao Chiatni Classico


 I got this wine for a good deal, about $15 marked down at my local Kroger wine shop. One the nose I do not get much, mostly berries, pepper, and even some vanilla interestingly. Tongue wise I get a very pleasant finish, and the finish is really what seems to make this wine pleasant. It is pepper with a sweet leather, if that makes any sense. The finish is long. You get the leather and pepper drinking it, too. I also get on the finish a stoney taste, which is likely the dryness mixed with the tannins. That lasts the longest taste wise. I really like it. I think I cannot be the only weird kid who used to eat all sorts of stuff, like rocks. Well, I did not swallow them, but I'd put them in my mouth. In any case, this was a pleasant wine, especially once it opened up. I suggest that--open it up for at least an hour. Right of the bottle it was not that great, though it was decent. Of course temperature matters. My house is about 70 degrees, so throwing in the fridge could have helped. As for score, I would give this an 87. Medium to full dryness.


No comments:

Post a Comment